Wednesday, September 26, 2012

New Beginnings

What a whirlwind of a summer! A few big things happened in the last month or so that have been encouraging and challenging all at once. The first big development is that I got a promotion at work - I am now a behavioral consultant instead of a teacher assistant. Yes, that's a big jump! I'm so excited for this opportunity God has given me to push myself intellectually and further develop my character and experience with special needs kids. My employer is paying for me to get my BCBA (Board Certification in Behavior Analysis) which is GREAT but disappointing at the same time. I am finishing my BBC Master's degree in March so I was looking forward to having no homework for the first time in my life...but alas, God had other plans. The BCBA program will take about a year and a half for classes and then however long it takes me to actually pass the boards after that. Looks like this girl is gonna be going to school for at least 2 more years! I know, wah wah wahhhh... The next big thing I guess really isn't that big, but still significant for us. We caved in and got another dog. His name is Samson and he is currently 9 weeks old. We hope he will be a great companion for Trotter (which he is so far showing much potential...they are currently chasing each other around my living room like maniacs)but it does further complicate our lives just a tad. Oh well, we adjusted to Trotter so I'm sure we'll adjust to this new little one soon enough! Steve and I celebrated our 3 year "anniversary" yesterday. September 25, 2009 he asked me to be his girlfriend as we walked through a haunted corn maze with some friends. What a night! It's amazing what God has done with us so far. I can't wait to see what else He has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment